Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Favorite Money Saving Sites...

I only have 3 more days of bedrest, and I'm getting a little bored. I have been thinking of this post for quite awhile...and what do you know...I finally have sometime to go through and write it out.

Since early this year I have become a HUGE coupon shopper. In fact, it pains me to buy anything without a coupon. My favorite is going to Target coming home with a huge bag of items that I paid pennies on the dollar for. If I watch the sales right and match them with my coupons, I get most things free or for under $1.

One of my favorite couponing websites is Hip2Save...Collin does an amazing job of highlighting amazing deals from all over the web. She also takes the time to go through the sale ads on Sunday and helping you match coupons with sales...saving you tons! I check the website at least twice a day!

I am also a huge fan of flash sale sites. I have three I visit regularly. I was able to get great deals on Christmas and birthday items through these sites this year. If you aren't familiar with flash sale sites here's the run down. Flash sale sites hold sales daily, most last for 2 to 3 days. The key is to get in early because these sales can save you up to 75% off.
Here are my favorite:
Zulily - This website specializes in sales for Moms, Babies, and Kids. Right now they have Kelty products for 40% off. This site run anywhere between 5-10 news sales everyday!

Totsy - I love this site! Zulily is good, but I think Totsy is better! That may be because they tend to have more toys and baby items. Right now they have plush toys for as little as $1.60! Or this adorable dog (which comes with an online code for playing games on a special interactive website) for $2.30...seriously...
Gilt  - I have already mentioned this site before, but it's worth mentioning again. This site has sales for Men, Women, Children, and the Home. It's marketed as more of a high-end sale site. Last week they had designer jeans (I'm talking ones the retail for around $200, for $79!) But I love their children section. Right now they have JJCole up to 50% off. They have great stuff! Once you sign up with this site, send an e-mai invitation to 10 of your friends and they'll give you free shipping (regardless if they sign up or not!).


For all of you online shoppers out there, did you know you could be getting money back on every purchase you make (on top of coupons and other savings)? Through the website Hip2Save I found out about Ebates. I wish I would have know about this sooner! I'm have already saved an extra $30 just by going through this website to make my purchases. Here's how it works. Log into Ebates, before doing your online shopping. Search for the store of your choice and go through the link they provide. Here's the best part, they also have coupons that you can use too, so it's like one stop shopping. It's that simple, if you go through their link and make a purchase you will get credit in your account after your purchase is confirmed.
Here's a short list of how much extra you can save just by going through Ebates:
Target- 3% (this is on top of coupons, and the 5% you can save if you have a Target Card)
Barnes and Noble- 8%
Groupon- 3% (makes for some pretty awesome deals)
Zulily- 3.5%
Ebay- 3-7%
Wal-Mart- 2%
Kohls- 4% (matches up with some awesome deals Kohls is having right now and is on top of your Kohls card savings too!)

Go through the link above and get $5 just for signing up!

I think that's all for now, but when Baby P arrives I'll be cutting back even more and looking for savings where I can, I'll keep passing along my money saving tips as I find them!

Happy Savings!!

3 comments:

  1. Dani- I have been trying my hand at couponing lately. Saved $30 at Target today, but still spent $125 lol. We bought a lot of stuff though. Before we go shopping, I always look online for coupons for stuff on my list but I can't always find them. I haven't managed to get any free items either! What do you do about laundry detergent? I always use a coupon and I always combine it with the one that is on sale, but it is always 7 or 8 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy everything houshold and personal related at Target. Target is wonderful because they let you stack coupons, meaning you can use a Target coupon with a regular coupon. This helps save a ton! Just go to Target website and scroll down, towards the bottom you will find their coupons. So for detergent I wait for sales and match them up with my coupons and Target coupons (if they have them).
    I know Target isn't close but if you go when there is a good sale and you have coupons it probably worth it. My Target is 90 seconds from my house so it's a little easier for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah. i have a ton of tide coupons, bc i get the P&G saver from the paper, and i also submitted my receipts for the P&G $110 coupon book, so that should be coming in a few weeks hopefully. i used my bounty coupon and charmin coupon at target because they were on sale this week, but no coupons on target.com. also the only detergent coupons on target are for like wisk or something (when i look). i'm trying!!! and yes i only go to target when i have to, i wish there was one in red bud ;)

    ReplyDelete