Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Keepsake for Baby P...

While I was home for my shower in November, I found and brought with me a teddy bear I have had since I was a little girl. In fact I got the bear on my 1st birthday. This wasn't any regular bear, it was bear that sat on a shelf for the last 25 years (if you forget the few times we took it off the shelf to play with it, even though we weren't supposed too). I have always known this bear was special and unique, but until I did a little research this week I had no idea how special.

I own a Steiff Bear. The Steiff company created the teddy bear in 1902. Since then their trademark "button in ear" bears have won over the hearts of many. They now have a wide variety of bears from collection only pieces to child friendly pieces. After some research on my bear, I found out that it's worth around $150. Not too shabby for an adorable bear!

Now, to the keepsake for Baby P part....
One of my new favorite sites is Gilt.com ( <--- Click here to join (it's an invite only site)). It's a flash sale site with high end merchandise (and great deals on toys and clothes for kids). While browsing the other day I saw they were selling Steiff Bears! I was so excited! I love having something to pass down to LO and I thought it would be fun to get LO his/her very own Steiff Bear. That way my bear has company while sitting on a shelf for the next 25 years :) Most of the Steiff Bears are pretty expensive infact they have somethings that sell for almost $1000! But through this sale I was able to get one 50% off.
So introduce to you Baby P's first keepsake...


Here's mine...patiently awaiting the arrival of it's new friend....



Baby P's bear should be here next week...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment