Monday, December 27, 2010

Weekly Check-up Update!

Today was my 2nd weekly check-up since being put on bedrest. I had even better news this week than I did last week!

My cervix has lengthened! I am now about 3cm compared to my 2cm I was last week! Still shorter than "normal" but I am thrilled to know bedrest is actually working!
I'm measuring a week small, but Baby P's heartbeat is great.

I also found out that Baby P's head is really low. My doctor said it's at a 2. She said last week I was at 1, so Baby P's head seems to be gettig lower and lower. She never said negative 1 or 2, so I'm assuming we passed that point and went straight to the positive side. That really kinda freaks me out...crowning is +5. I'm not exactly sure what that means at this stage, but seems pretty crazy to me!

The best news of all is that I'm off bedrest as of Friday! I turn 34 weeks on Saturday, but my doctor gave me the ok to go out for New Years Eve as long as I don't "jump" around. I'm not sure if we'll really do anything, but it's nice to have the option. I am already planning the rest of my weekend (it will be filled with everything Baby P, the nursery will get finished, shopping will get done, and I might even try to venture out to the Broncos game (although that might be pushing it!))

So, it's all systems go after Friday. I still hope I can keep LO baking for at least 2 or 3 more weeks, but they'll let me go anytime after Friday! Crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is great news! Here's hoping that you make it a couple more weeks and I go a couple of weeks early :)

    ReplyDelete