Friday, July 9, 2010

Telling Our Parents...

We were out of town last week, and my parents are in town this week, so I haven't had much time to do any updating (or belly picture taking).

So, let's catch up!
Our families finally know! We told Ryan's parents before Lake Powell, and everyone is really excited. Including Taylor who thinks we're having a girl too. She is such a doll and spent all week asking me why the baby was making me sick and tired. She also had a little talk with the baby and told "her" that she shouldn't make me sick!

My parents came into town the day we got back from Lake Powell, after keeping the secret for 8 weeks, I couldn't wait any longer. We told them almost right away by showing them this picture:




This picture took a lot of time and a lot of help from Nikki, Brandon, and Ross and their great ideas on how to actually write it in the sand and how to pour the water.  Taylor is in the picture doing her favorite pose of the week (two thumbs up with a cheesy smile).

My parents were shocked! They had no idea it was coming! I'm not even sure it has really sank in yet, but I think they are liking the thought of being Grandma and Grandpa.

As for me, I'm feeling ok. Nausea has been around since day 1 of Lake Powell. Luckily, it's been coming and going and so far it hasn't been too bad. I'm still very tired and moody. I still have no patience (poor Ryan) and am easily annoyed by anyone or anything. The bloat is still here, and I'm not able to fit into my favorite jeans without using a rubberband for help. I can't wait until the bloat is gone and the belly grows!

Here's a picture of what baby looks like at nine weeks:


He or She is now the size of an olive and weighs just less than a penny. Although we won't find out what we are having for 10 more weeks our little one is starting to form male or female genitalia this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment