Sunday, January 9, 2011

35/35!!

This week I hit 35/35! When I turned 35 weeks, I had exactly 35 days to go!  Sounds crazy right?! 35 days...just a little over a month and it will be Baby P's due date. Here's the kicker, I'm not sure I even make it that long!
This week has been filled with more drama! I was off bedrest last Friday. Even though I was off bedrest we had a pretty lazy weekend. I worked a full day on Monday (with all 3 kids) and a half day on Tuesday and on Wednesday the fun started.

 On Wednesday I had once again been very crampy and they were quite painful. I called the doctor and they had me come in.  They did my fundal height and I'm measuring 30-31 weeks (I should be measuring 35) my NP wasn't concerned she just said it's because LO is so low already, she also did an internal (I'm 1+cm dialated, 80% effaced, soft, and baby's head is at a -1 station) after the internal they put me on the monitors for about an hour, during that time I was having consistant contractions every 5-7 minutes. They weren't very painful but definitely there. I was just happy I wasn't crazy and I wasn't just making these pains up (the lovely mounds on the monitior proved it). After talking with a doctor I was sent home with the following instructions, if they get more intense or closer together, don't call...head to the hospital. The contractions continued for a few more hours before tapering off for a few hours. They picked up again right before bed. On Thursday I was having about 4 an hour, these weren't as consistent (they would be 4 and hour, 3 and hour, and so on). I also had another preliminary sign of labor (I'll spare you the details). I was concerned that baby might be coming soon (like within the next few days!). Since then things have died down. Still having cramping (nothing timeable) and lots of pressure (which is to be expected considering how low LO's head is).
Nothing like a few days of flase labor to get you excited, scared, and very anxious.

I feel like I have everyone on pins and needles these days. So I would rather this false labor crap stay away if it isn't going to turn into the real thing. It's hard to wonder if what you are feeling is going to turn into the real thing or if your body is just playing games.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I have an appointment on Wednesday and I am interested to see if all this false labor has made me progress at all.

We also decided on names this weekend...nothing like the scare of flase labor to finally get us really talking about names. We have two names for each sex and we are really excited about them. But, we're not telling :) You can try Ryan, who has been the weakest link in the past...but he's been threatened with his life...and now that we have them picked out, he doesn't want to share them either. So it's another surprise :)

Here's my 35 week picture:


How far along? 35 weeks

Food cravings: Nothing this week
Biggest Moment? My first taste of false labor (although this is a moment I would have liked to have skipped)
Movement? Lots of pushing his/her butt and back against my belly, it's fun to see it change shape
What I'm looking forward to: PBR tomorrow and the Stock Show on Saturday (gotta get my yearly Cowboy fix!)
Baby's Milestones: Baby P is now about 18 1/2 inches long and weighing around 5 1/2 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment