Sunday, September 26, 2010

Halfway There!!

20 Weeks! I can't believe it! We've hit the halfway mark! Along with that mark, we've also been busy preparing for baby and hit a major milestone!


First things first....We felt the baby move on the outside yesterday, at exactly 20 weeks! I woke up and noticed the kicks were stronger than even the day before. I rolled on my back and sure enough,as soon as I put my hand on my belly I felt 3 strong kicks on my left side. It was the most amazing thing ever! I layed there for another minute just to make sure I wasn't making it up before getting Ryan. I was worried our LO would stop performing once Daddy was there, but we gave it a minute and a few shakes from me and Ryan felt it too! It was so cool! I can't believe how much stronger the kicks and movement have gotten over the last few days. I'm loving every minute of it!


We also ordered our crib this week. We also decided to use a changing table and dresser that Ryan had when we was a baby. His Dad made them, they're in pretty bad shape at the moment (due to the fact that Ryan and Ross used them as toys growing up...I've heard the stories and I'm impressed that they even made it through the two of them). Jimmy and Ryan are going to refinish them add new drawer fronts and stain it to match out crib. I'm really excited! I'll post before and after pictures after we pull them out of storage. Here's the crib we are going to use and the bedding set (unless LO decides it doesn't want us to be Team Green later this week)






We've also finished our registries and now will hopefully start working on the nursery in the next few weeks. My goal is to have it done by the first week in December when family and friends are coming in for my Denver shower. I have to start early since Sundays are out between now and when the baby comes (gotta love football season!)

Here's my 20 picture....
How far along? 20 weeks
Food cravings: Nothing new this week...
Biggest Change? Feeling baby P move on the outside!

Movement? We felt kicks on the outside yesterday, and I've been feeling more general movement all day.

What I'm looking forward to: Our "Big" ultrasound on Tuesday, although we aren't finding out the sex, I can't wait to see Baby P again!
Baby's Milestones: Baby P is now the size of an cantalope! He or She is weighing in around 10 1/2 ounces!

No comments:

Post a Comment