Thursday, September 8, 2011

One of the best places in the world....

One of my favorite places in the world just happens to a little slice of Heaven called "Lake of the Ozarks". My Grandparents have owned a condo their since I was 18 months old. Since then I have been making trips there every summer. Growing up we would spend almost every weekend there. Some of my greatest memories of family and friends happened there. From the time we took on a wall of water on our old green boat, to swooning over Nick with Katie, eating the one and only Randy's custard, and having millions upon millions of diving contests at the pool. Every trip brought a special memory and even though my Grandma passed away a few years ago I remember our trips together like they were yesterday and I cherish the memories we created.
Last year, we found out I was pregnant the day after we returned from our trip there. When thinking about family traditions, I knew one thing that was very important to me was for Brinley to know and love the condo even though we live 11 hours away. I know she's too young to remember now, but I won't ever forget this trip and she'll have the pictures to look at one day.

We left  Thursday and drove through the night. Brinley did awesome and Ryan was super Daddy who drove all but 2 hours so his girls could rest. After we arrived we ate a quick lunch and we all took a nap. After a lovely family nap we got ready to head into town for dinner and Randy's. We made a quick stop at the outlet mall where I scored some major deals on fall clothes for Little Miss then headed to Randy's. As we were finishing we got the text that my parents and Grandpa were almost there. After returning to the condo everyone got into the suits for a quick late night swim. Brinley has been swimming before, but I had never seen her so excited to be in the water. She had a blast kicking and splashing (a new trick).

We woke up on Saturday and took a quick boat ride before the water got too rough. Brinley liked the boat but hated her life jacket and I don't blame her. I would be mad too if I had something smooshing my cheeks!
We made another adventure to the pool where Brinley loved ever second of the splashing and kicking. I'm pretty sure she would stay in all day if we'd let her! After nap Brinley got to swing with great Grandpa on the porch and we had a nice relaxing evening...

Sunday ended up being rather chilly in the morning, but warmed up enough for a quick swim in the late afternoon. We ended the night with a quick hello from my friend Katie and her family and another short boat ride.

Brinley did amazing on the way home fussing only a few times, one of which led me to breastfeed her while we were moving, while she was in her carseat...yeah, it was hard! :)

We took a million pictures...enjoy!!


Our condo is the one of the lower right...
View for the deck...


First boat ride...


Stupid jacket...

Swimming with Mommy and Daddy....



Splashing...can you see the drops of water?

Family picture at the Point

With Great-Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa

Splashing in the water...

She loves it....





Looking at the lake...


Peek-a-boo

Swinging...





Her new best friend...

Jack could care less...

Boat ride #2...it was chilly


But she loved it....


2 comments: