Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Alzheimer's Walk

Last Saturday was the Alzheimer's Walk. We've walked four years in a row in honor and rememberence of my Grandmother. Every year it's an emotional journey. This year was especially emotional for me having Brinley at the walk with us and because they had an amazing pre-walk ceremony. You see this year they gave everyone who walked a flower, each color had a meaning;
Yellow: I know someone fighting Alzheimer's
Blue: I have Alzheimer's
Purple: I've lost someone to Alzheimer's.  
Before the walk started they asked everyone to raise up their flowers. I was a moving sight to see and because I was tearing up and trying to hold it together, I didn't get a picture. But just imagine 2,000+ people holding up a flowers.
I've been so blessed with the families I worked for. They are an amazing support and Stacey and the boys joined me for the 3rd year in a row and Ayelet and Eliana joined us this year too. It's nice to have the extra support, as the first part of the walk is always emotional for me, having the little ones around keeps me from losing it. And of course having sweet Brinley there to snuggle as the race started helped to, I just kissed her forehead, let her know how much Great Grandma Edith loved her and off we went....

I have a few pictures and hope to get more from Stacey later this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment