Monday, June 6, 2011

Brinley Grace is 4 months!!

Brinley is 4 months old today and I can hardly believe it! She is getting so big and I swear she learns something new everyday!
Yesterday she rolled from her belly to her back...and guess who missed it? Me, I was exhausted and taking a nap and she rolled over...serves me right to sleeping during the day. I've tried to get her to do it again for me all day and I've got nothing...

Today was also her 4 month check up. The doctor was impressed by her strength and happy that she was doing so great with her motor skills. Here's her stats:
Height: 25.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 12lbs 14.3oz (36th percentile)

She has went down in percentiles from the mid 40s to 36. Her doctor wasn't super concerned, since she still was gaining weight, but he did mention a phrase that I hoped to never hear...loss of supply. Right now Brinley is getting strickly breastmilk, mostly straight from the source unless I'm at work then she takes it in a bottle. Ever since going back I have been so worried about losing my supply even though I am able to pump. It looks as though I may not be producing enough to fully fill Brinley up. So I'm going to try some Mother's Milk tea and up my water even more and see if that helps. He also suggested starting her on solids. We will try rice cereal sometime next week. I have an idea of how much they want to see her gaining so that I know if she's getting enough or if we are going to have to start suplementing with formula.

Brinley has also had a few more 1st in the last few days. She enjoy her jumperoo for the 1st time (pictures to come on Wordless Wednesday) and tonight she tried out her new bath chair. She LOVED it! I put her new favorite link toys in there (thanks for the advice Jess) and she could have sat there alnight she was kicking her legs and having a blast. Here are a few pictures of her bath tonight....


Notice the string of drool?



3 comments:

  1. What a doll baby! I adore reading your blog! Brinley is so lucky to have such a wonderful family!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Time goes way too fast! I really hope the tea works for you...I'm a big fan of nursing for as long as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chrissy!

    I am too Adrien, so I'm willing to do pretty much anything to keep it up (although I may have to draw the line at taking something that makes me smell like maple syrup!)I would love to make it to a year if possible so I'm hoping I can bump up my supply.

    ReplyDelete