Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brinley's First Boo-boo....

Walking is a dangerous sport...seriously dangerous. When leaving the hospital each child should come with bubble wrap and a helmet. It's so fun to see Brinley toddling across the living room floor, but the consequences of learning to walk are hurting my sweet girl and taking a toll on my sanity. Everytime she stands up and wobbles my heart stops. I know I can't follow her around the house 24/7, but when she falls and bumps something I feel like I'm the worst Mommy ever.
 Today was no different and I thought she did a great job catching herself as she fell, until she let her head go forward and she knocked her sweet noggin right on the entertainment center at work. It bruised instantly and turned into a pretty big goose egg, she cried and so did I. It was awful...why does learning to walk have to be so hard? When will she stop falling all the time? And for all the other Mommies out there...how in the world do you and your child survive this stage?

Here's a few pictures of my sweet little Miss and big boo-boo....




Thankfully the swelling is down and she was back to herself within minutes...but I think I'm going to take a little more time to recover...






2 comments:

  1. How did I survive the first steps/learning to walk stage? I let them go and was there to pick them up and pray for their owies. The falling is part of them learning. Unfortunately, the bumps and bruises come with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! It's so hard to see her upset. Hopefully she'll get this walking thing mastered quickly!

    ReplyDelete